The Predators wrapped up their back-to-back against the Detroit Red Wings, the team they lost to  Saturday, inside of the new Little Caesars Arena for the first time. Nashville would go with the same lineup as the night before, but Juuse Saros got the start in net. On Monday, the Red Wings traded Petr Mrazek to the Philadelphia Flyers, so Jimmy Howard had the start.

Nashville started off the first period much better than their previous couple starts. They were able to obtain 8 shots on goal within the first five minutes of the game. With 15:42 remaining in the first period, Scott Hartnell deflected Roman Josi’s shot from the blue line to give the Preds a 1-0 lead. The Red Wings then challenged the goal for goaltender interference; however, the goal would stand as a good goal. Josi would get his 200th career assist from this goal. Just 5:12 after the leading goal, Kyle Turris tucked home the rebound from yet another Josi shot to give the Preds a 2-0 lead with 10:25 remaining in the first. Saros stood tall for the remainder of the period keeping the Preds ahead by 2.

To begin the second period, the Preds got a power play opportunity that carried over from the end of the first, but were unable to convert. With a giveaway from Tomas Tatar, Viktor Arvidsson had a breakaway chance, but was stopped by Howard. After the shot from Arvidsson, Dylan Larkin got the puck down the ice to give Andreas Athanasiou a breakaway chance. He scored with 9:48 remaining in the second to cut the Preds lead in half. Gustav Nyquist had a point-blank opportunity, but Saros made an incredible save to keep it 2-1.

The Red Wings came into the third period looking to tie it, but Saros kept the score 2-1 with some incredible saves. With a saucer pass from P.K Subban, Arvidsson got the puck after coming off the bench and had another breakaway opportunity. Arvidsson went stick side on Howard to give the Predators back their two-goal lead with 15:10 remaining in regulation. As the Detroit power play was expiring, Tomas Tatar buried his 16th of the season. Nashville challenged it for goaltender interference, but the goal stood. P.K. Subban took an interference penalty with 27.8 seconds remaining, but the Predators kept their 3-2 lead to win the game.

The Predators return home on Thursday to face off against the San Jose Sharks at 7:00pm.